Chronic Pain: Mind Body Medicine SolutionsBuy Now
- Teacher David Corby
THIS COURSE IS DESIGNED TO BE COMPLETED AFTER THE SHORT COURSE ON CHRONIC PAIN.
We can influence our pain: this is the key implication of the research into the neurology of pain. This research suggests that around three quarters of pain severity is determined in the brain, and influenced by thoughts and emotion. This course details the neurology associated with pain – including the key factors switching the pain gates on and off.
In this 1 hour video course you will learn the following;
- The contribution of posture to pain
- How brain patterns determine posture
- The importance of thoughts and feelings to pain perception
- Key factors turning pain on or off
- The psychological meaning of specific types of pain
- The psychological meaning of specific types of menstrual pain
- How a common reaction to pain tends to make it worse
- The importance of the Social Nervous System/ Vagal tone
- Why coping is counter-productive long term
We discuss changes that we can make to improve pain, types of therapies that may help and the kind of diet and lifestyle choices we can make that prevents pain from manifesting in our bodies.
We hope you enjoy this short course and that it empowers you to own your health and wellbeing.